A wide range of CPD opportunities are available for members of the NEU.
Local CPD and Training
Beginners Level 1 – Course – Future Inn, Cardiff
Please note that this is a basic outline and course contents may vary slightly.
- Unit 1: Introducing yourself, greetings and giving basic personal information.
- Unit 2: Numbers, dates, days of the week & months.
- Unit 3: Food and giving personal opinion and asking for things.
- Unit 4: Hobbies, expressing opinions.
- Unit 5: The weather and colours.
- Unit 6: School & Classroom Commands
- Saturday 10.30 – 17.00
- Sunday 09.30 – 14.30
Who should attend this course?
The contents of all of the courses have been developed for both Primary and Secondary school-based staff and aim to develop delegates’ Welsh language skills and pedagogy. All courses follow on from each other and delegates can enter the programme of courses at the appropriate stage.
What to bring…
Delegates should bring a Smartphone or iPad / Tablet if they have one, any stationery that they require and a sense of humour!
Lee Taylor is an experienced practising teacher and former Head of Department for Welsh as a Second Language. He is currently teaching languages in a Welsh Medium Comprehensive School.